Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Schpilkas

I found myself messing around at Ary Davidow's KlezmerSchack site, and I dont know how or when exactly I found some group called Schpilkas. Haukur Grondal is from Iceland, the other guys could live in Denmark and play klezmer for a big audience at shows and parties. Mr Haukur Grondal - that I discover to be a MR just when I got to his financial site -(I have all difficult with scandinavian names), was who talked to me and I guess he is the band leader. They have the right sound, and make our feet bounce all the time. Their style is to play it a little slower, what gives us the right feeling for every chord. They are all echlettic and play greek, macedonian, arab and their excelence are indeed in their poutpourri pieces, where they link things in a way you would never think it would be possible! They sound nice, and I keep their CD inside the car, because they give me cheers and calm. I am not sure they already have their musical site. Worth a search! Note: As comented by Anonymous, Mr Haukur Grondal is from Iceland But as said in his mail, the band plays al over the area, including Finland, Sweden and they may live now in Denmark. Finally we have the site address for this amazing band ! Visit Schpilkas' site Return to YidishMusic's site