Monday, September 06, 2004

Ruben Gréz

First I received an email from one Ms Dalia, telling me that she wanted to send me her father's CD. I was surprised when I received the material. It included 2 CD's, one solo from Chazan Ruben Grez, and another one where he was part in a cantors' friends group, they called "Voces de Encuentro". I enjoy very much to listen to him singing in Ladino, Yidish, Hebrew, such as the group. A well done arrangement for both the solo CD and the group CD, guarantees quality music. But the real surprise, came some months later when Ms Grez herself called me at home, asking for a visit. Well, I still dont know how it happened. I simply did not know what to do. But they came to my home, we talked a while and I was so nervous about that, that I am afraid our meeting was not entirely satisfactory for both Mr and Ms Grez. We exchanged our phone numbers. I go on listening to this fine work.
Chazan Ruben Grez I'm sure, is using his powerfull voice to delite the people near him. He lives in Mexico. YidishMusic carries his voice all over the planet.

The precious voices of this group are:
Jane Tenenbaum - Soprano
Debbie Gutverg - Mezzosoprano
Isaac Pupko - Tenor
Ruben Gréz - Barítono
Luis Bekman - Basso
They did this work with Mr Rufino Montero - piano player and director.

Return to YidishMusic's site